Tuesday, June 8, 2010
People Like Us
After looking around on the PBS website “People like Us” I am wondering who or what decides class? Is class something you are born into like being born into a rich family or is it something you learn through experiences? I tend to think that class is an inner thought process which people go through before buying, or doing things, sort of like a conscious. I did have fun playing the game chintz or shag. My wife and I were trying to pick high class stuff to decorate the room with but it took us a few tries and even then we didn’t think the things we had to put in to the room were high class at all. We also tried it separately and picked different things but ended up in the middle class, how I have no idea. Picking the stereotypical trailer park things was easy but finding the right combination for high class was harder. I also liked the stories; one in particular struck me because I was an “Army Brat” too. I went from one school where I was part of the majority and then moved into another school where I became a minority.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment